This Hunt was recognized by the
Masters of Foxhounds Association in 1940 when a merger was formed between
the Wayne Hunt and the DuPage Hunt of Wheaton.
The Wayne-DuPage Hunt is a not for profit
corporation and is an entirely volunteer organization.
We hunt over private land, graciously provided by the residents of Wayne
and Amboy, and the DuPage County Forest
Preserve. The most important part of our ability to enjoy hunting is
the promotion, preservation and the continuing relationship with our
landowners and the Forest Preserve.
Each Stirrup Cup is generously
provided by Hunt members or friends of the Hunt for the pleasure of the
riding and social members. Their hospitality and gourmet delights
beautifully end the hunt day.
On Sunday, September 1st, we will be enjoying our annual Day in the Country
at the September Dunham Woods Horse Show sponsored by the
Come and join us for the Tailgating, Hunt Teams, Pony Club Drill, Presentation of the Hounds, Costume, Family and Leadline classes and of course the Calcutta and Jumper Derby. We will be opening up the Senior and Junior Members classes to anyone from a recognized Hunt or Pony Club, so ask your friends to come too!
We are looking for everyone to participate this year.
• Braid your horse and enter the Membership classes.
• Set up a tasty tailgate and compete for a nice silver award as well as bragging rights.
• Volunteer to help out with the awards or Hospitality.
• Place an advertisement in our beautiful Program.
• Donate to the Trophy or the Hospitality Funds.
• Sponsor the jump crew or the premier event, The Jumper Derby.
• Plan on a making a day of it on Sunday!
The information packets will be mailed out soon, so sign up and come on out to support your Hunt!